“…the most professional, intelligent, enthusiastic and nice editor I’ve worked with.”
author of Intellectual Philanthropy: The Seduction of the Masses, Purdue UP, 2018
I do substantive copy-editing and proofreading by engaging your text in dialogue to help you prepare articles and books in the humanities for publication in academic venues. Scholars writing in English as a non-native language find my feedback especially useful in preparing texts that editors at prospective publishing venues will encounter without the distractions of:
- awkward syntax
- syntax, spelling and punctuation errors
- overly literal translation from your native language
- culturally questionable usage
- progression of ideas unclear to a nonspecialist reader
- concepts insufficiently framed or introduced for a nonspecialist reader
- truncated development, or ideas it would be interesting to read further exploration of
- overuse and underuse of the language of critical theory.
I enjoy careful reading of scholarly articles in humanities fields and value intellectual discourse, so you are assured a responsive reader dedicated to facilitating your work’s reaching a wide and interested audience.